We’re looking for an intern to join our team!
We’re an education-specialist division within the brilliant, award-winning PLMR, a great agency that prides itself on delivering an outstanding service to clients and making a positive contribution to the world around us.
PLMR offers internships to people who wish to build relevant professional experience before embarking on a career. As a Public Relations Intern you’ll help the team deliver high quality servicing to all our clients. A keen interest in public relations (PR), how messages are best shaped and communicated across both old and new media are essential.
The role will offer a great opportunity to get experience of all the main disciplines of consultancy life.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well motivated and able to work under your own initiative. You will be able to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments. You will have a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results. You will also be active in the social media networking sphere and have an interest in developing your own network of contacts.
Creating editorial synopses for clients, and pitching out to the education press to secure articles
- Drafting articles, press releases, Q&As and case studies
- Repurposing existing articles into blog content
- Compiling media lists in support of a press release mailout
- ‘selling in’ press releases to journalists
- Supporting the creation of posts for social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Scheduling social media content
- Contributing to meeting preparation in support of either the senior Mango at PLMR team or a client
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- Involvement in PLMR New Business research and activities
- Monitoring political events of relevance to Mango at PLMR clients
- Producing regular task lists and keeping up to date timesheets
- Producing policy briefings for PLMR clients
- Liaising with the office of an MPs or Ministers, and drafting letters if required
- Contributing to the drafting of media relations strategies
- Assisting with adhoc event management, including press conferences and promotional events
- Responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- Providing colleagues with general administrative support
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
We look at applications on a daily basis. If a suitable candidate is sought this vacancy may be filled before the closing/start date.
Please send you CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com